News, Events & Appeals
- Peninsula Home Hospice announcement regarding COVID-19 and service provision
- PHH Newsletter - December 2019
- Red Hill Auxiliary Christmas Stall
- 2019 Annual Report
- PHH Benefit Card with Buller Wines
- Biennial Fundraising Country Luncheon at Elgee Park
- Rotary Club of Mount Martha Community Golf Day
- Prescriptive Memories & Dreamscaping Workshops
- Moments that Matter
- Palliative Care Week - Moments That Matter
Lunch with The Newsman
Last month more than 100 guests gathered at the Portsea Golf Club dining room for the annual Nepean Friends of Hospice Spring Luncheon.
Veteran newsreader Mal Walden was guest speaker and entertained everyone with anecdotal stories from his working days in the media - from a young journalist in rural Australia, to a reporter around the world and on the ground after the devastating cyclone Tracey, to newsreader on Channel 7 and 10 until recent times when the media itself became the news with ownership battles at his recently departed channel 10. Mal has now retired and written his memoirs ‘The Newsman’.
In the beautiful setting with views across the golf course to the bay, two generous hampers and a Stay and Play package from PGC were raffled and Mal signed copies of his book.
Nepean Friends of Hospice was most grateful for Mal and the gift of his storytelling and acknowledged with thanks the hard work behind the scenes done by the hospitality team at Portsea Golf Club. Together it made for both a delicious and memorable luncheon where much needed funds were raised to help PHH continue to deliver specialist palliative care in our community.