News, Events & Appeals
- Peninsula Home Hospice announcement regarding COVID-19 and service provision
- PHH Newsletter - December 2019
- Red Hill Auxiliary Christmas Stall
- 2019 Annual Report
- PHH Benefit Card with Buller Wines
- Biennial Fundraising Country Luncheon at Elgee Park
- Rotary Club of Mount Martha Community Golf Day
- Prescriptive Memories & Dreamscaping Workshops
- Moments that Matter
- Palliative Care Week - Moments That Matter
The need for additional investment
In a push to ensure Victorians can access palliative care and end of life care, when and where it is needed, Palliative Care Victoria (PCV) is seeking a commitment from the Victorian Government to provide an additional $65 million per year to support implementation of Victoria's End of life and Palliative Care Framework as well as a range of other measures aimed to improve timely, local access to end of life and palliative care services to people across Victoria.
In 2016. 40,015 people died in Victoria. Population growth, ageing and chronic disease will drive increases in the need for palliative care and end of life care. Currently not everyone in Victoria can access palliative care when they need it. PCV has prepared a document that outlines three objectives and their recommended actions to respond to current and future need in Victoria.
The three objectives are:
1) Increase community awareness and engagement
Victoria's End of life and Palliative Care Framework stresses the need to build community understanding in relation to advance care planning, palliative care and end of life care across metro, regional and rural Victoria.
2) Increase specialist palliative care availability and capacity
A strong specialist palliative care workforce is needed to address complex needs, to provide education and clinical support to the broader health care workforce, and to achieve the goals of the Framework.
3) Develop workforce and service system capacity
The Framework highlights the need to build workforce and service system capacity across Victoria's health and aged care service system, with the support of specialist palliative care where there are complex needs.
To find out more about the End of life and Palliative Care Framework, visit Palliative Care Victoria at www.pallcarevic.asn.au/library/